When I first started this blog 7 weeks ago, I really thought my main audience would be my mum, my sister and a few close friends, all of whom know quite a bit about me already. I now have over 800 followers, through one channel or another, who probably don’t know much about me. I love finding out about other bloggers and the person behind the blogs I read so I thought it might be nice if I shared a few things about me and the person behind this blog.
So here goes, in no particular order…
- My name is Helen
- I’m 40 years old (though closer to 41)
- I have 2 children – a 6-year-old son and a 4-year-old daughter
- I met my husband 16 years ago and we’ve been married for 7 years
- My 4-year-old is a mini-me, from her looks to her personality
- My son has my worry gene (which I really worry about)
- I have a day job as a research consultant
- I started blogging and writing online content in 2012 as part of my day job
- I LOVE writing!
- I started this personal blog to give me a creative outlet for my writing and to keep me motivated to find a healthier and more balanced life after a health scare last year
- We left city life 4 years ago and now live in a village in Somerset
- My favourite places are Barbados and Borneo
- I also love London and New York
- I am a volunteer, supporting mums with postnatal depression
- One of my most fulfilling and humbling experiences was working at a summer camp with a group of Romanian children from an orphanage
- I’m not a great runner but I do it because it makes me feel good
- I love chocolate and cake – probably too much, hence the need for running
- I am not a natural domestic goddess (in fact, quite the undomestic goddess if I’m honest!)
- I used to have purple hair
- And piercings
- I have a much more conservative look these days
- I’d love a tattoo but I’m too scared (and indecisive)
- I’m determined to get more organised
- I love nice smells. Really. I have a very sensitive nose!
- I’m not a morning person but I also struggle to stay up late
- I have a big crush on Colin Firth
- I love relaxing at a spa
- I need to find more time to relax at a spa
- I love jelly babies and odd numbers (which is why these 2 items are listed together!)
There you have it. A little bit about me and the person behind this blog. If there is anything else you would like to know, please ask! Thanks for stopping by.